Hydrilla Gear and JL-Marine both recommend the addition of a dedicated ON/OFF master battery switch for installation of a Power Pole system. This small surface mount battery switch is intended to be wired in line and acts as a dis-connect on the positive lead running from the Power Pole pump to the 12v Battery. We have bundled the perfect package to help facilitate your installation.
This package includes:
- BEP Marine 701 battery switch
- 3′ Positive tinned wire (red)
- 2- Pieces of heat shrink ring terminals
Note – You can also add additional accessories to this same BEP 701 switch; i.e. radio, lights, graphs, or any other items you may want to cut power directly to. This can prevent battery draw via added accessories while the boat is being stowed and towed.
Additional Product Information:
The 701 Contour Battery Master Switch offers a number of unique features. The highlights being the patented contour lock system, allowing it to be a stand alone unit, or locked together with other switches. The 701 also features a control knob which cannot be removed whilst in the ON or OFF position, however, can be removed by switching to an anti-clockwise 45° position. The control knob also features an interchangeable labeling system allowing a full range of applications. The 701 also features removable side plates on 4 sides for access of up to 1/0 cables plus a rear cover insulating the rear terminals against any short circuits. This ensures the switch meets ABYC requirements. The 701 can be either surface or recess mounted.
- Continuous Rating: 275 Amps DC
- Intermittent Rating: 455 Amps DC
- Cranking Rating: 1250 Amps DC
- Voltage Rating: 48 Volts DC
- Operation: On/Off
- Mounting: Recessed or surface
- Ignition protected
- Termination Stud Size: 2 x 10 mm (3/8″)
- Dimensions: 69 x 69 x 75h mm (2.75″ x 2.75″ x 3″)
- Tin-plated copper studs and nuts